28 April 2010

Rob Ryan at the Somerset house "Pick Me Up" exhibition

Rob Ryan signed record cover and Ryantown postcard :)

A valentine's day card was the first time I came across Robert Ryan's delicate romantic work. I was hooked straight away and have been planning to visit Ryantown (opens at weekends only) for a while. So I was thrilled to learn that he'll be setting up his studio at the "Pick me up" exhibition at the Somerset house.


 
There he was signing the 200 record covers for sale at the exhibition and being interviewed. I haven't seen this print (below) before, its georgeous and so sweet. Well I love every single piece of his work, you just can't help but sigh a big "aww..." after reading the words. This one saiys "We don't fly north. We don't fly south. We stay put right here. Year in-year out! The season change faster and the months go by quicker. I'll keep watch over you and I know that you'll keep watch over me." Aww....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave Gajamay a comment without logging in by selecting "Anonymous".